Volkswagen/Equus 3100 OBD2 Code Reader

I am trying to read a fault code on a North American 2000 Volkswagen Jetta using the cable which came with my Equus 3100 code reader. I'm having a lot of difficulty getting the Equus plug onto the Jetta connector. I don't want to force it and break any pins. Has anyone successfully used the Equus plug with a late model Volkswagen Jetta? The Jetta socket pin block appears to be rectangular rather than D-shaped. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ William R Watt National Capital FreeNet Ottawa's free community network homepage:

William R. Watt

As a matter of fact I did just that William but didn't expect a speedy response. However, they replied within an hour or so! Pretty good service. The Equus will plug into the Volkswagen connector although it takes a little persuasion! Mike

Reply to
Mike