Wanted Auto Mechanic to Work on my Truck in Minneapolis, Minnesota $$$

Looking for a mechanical person to work on my 1996 Dodge Ram 4x2. I will buy the parts and will pay you cash. I know lots of people are looking for some extra cash. Heres a list what needs to be done. Contact me.

Need Shocks all wheels Install Frost Plug Heater Tune up Rear Breaks Coolant flush Transmission flush

John

Reply to
John

His local shop probably charges somewhere between $35 and $60 per hour, but he's willing to pay $5.00 to $7.50 per hour.......but didn't you see that it will be in cold, hard C-A-S-H??

Besides, he's seeking a "...mechanical person..." - not necessarily a mechanic or technician - which means he'll settle for someone who owns a $69.95 set of Wal*Mart© tools.

To top it all off, he's already done the preliminary diagnosis, and decided on the course of action, so if you do what he asks and the vehicle doesn't come out right, guess who the chump will be?

Shocks could be an attempt to fix an alignment and/or wheel balance problem. Guy he met at a local cocktail party told him that he probably needs shocks .

Frost plug heater could be an attempt to fix a cold start problem.

Tune up could be an attempt to fix a driveability problem that is totally unrelated to the ignition components themselves.

"Rear Breaks" might actually be to replace worn parts that are currently running metal-to-metal, but he may only want to do shoes when there is a need for wheel cylinders, spring kits, drums and "brake" shoes.

Coolant flush could be an attempt to overcome a heating problem - or a plugged heater core that gives no heat.

Transmission flush could be a last-ditch effort to save a transmission that has excess clearances in the clutch packs due to wear/burnout.

As a youngster - often in need of "cash" - I would take these jobs on at the owner's word.

Now, I insist on my own diagnosis of what the vehicle actually needs to correct the problem.

If he doesn't want to do business with me, he can certainly post on the 'net to try and find some other sucker.

B.P.

Bob wrote in article ...

Reply to
Bob Paulin