What did they call this engine?

Around 1994 to 1997 Olds and perhaps other GM cars had a 4 cyl engine that showed headgasket issues around 60 to 80K miles. Anyone recall the name for that engine? It was a rather popular engine at the time.

Reply to
Fred

I believe you're referring to the Quad Four

Reply to
PAROADHOG

|Around 1994 to 1997 Olds and perhaps other GM cars had a 4 cyl engine |that showed headgasket issues around 60 to 80K miles. Anyone recall |the name for that engine? It was a rather popular engine at the time.

Seems like early Quad 4s had some problems. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Water getting into oil! Head gaskets, I believe. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Reply to
Frank Knight

Yeah, the Duke specializes in cracking its exhaust manifolds! Got one in my

83 Olds Gutless Cierra.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Price