What's the precursor of the modern(?) slushbox ?

I believe in the 40s there was a transition period before automatics started to rule the north america what was the hydraulics that used to mask the mistakes of the driver with a stick shift and how come it's not employed today?

Reply to
isquat

I assume you're talking about the basic "fluid coupling" that was used before the modern and much more efficient "torque converter" was developed?

Sanity Clause

Yes. Fluid coupling it is. Thank you.

Reply to
sndive