What to do with old coil springs

Any fun/interesting projects? Would they be worth anything at a metal recycler?

Reply to
runderwo

Make a seesaw for the kiddies.I think you can find plans on the internet how to do that.Anyone have any other suggestions for old auto coil springs? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Well, this probably isn't too useful to most people, but if you're into blacksmithing you can make all sorts of neat things out of them. Punches, drifts, knives, and all sorts of other useful stuff. The steel is generally of good quality.

I've seen people use them in junkyard sculptures, too.

Reply to
jpolaski

Reply to
dahpater

Weld two of them together as a stand for your mailbox. The local kids will never be able to knock it over.

Don't try and drill through the things, though. It's no fun. Easier than drilling through old brake rotors, but no fun.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1169500625.904932.30220 @m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

You mean Wile E. Coyote. He's the one buying the Acme stuff all the time. (Where does he get all that money?)

Reply to
Tegger

Yeah. (Brain Fart) Even watched all the time. LOL. I don't know, but he sure had some good stuff! I want some of the cool "Instant Hole/Tunnel Paint" (I don't know how it works, butiwantit)

Reply to
dahpater

I won't lie, the first thing that came to mind was spring shoes :-)

Reply to
runderwo