Where is pcv valve on 1987 Lincoln Town car?

The oil change places and I cannot find the pcv valve on the 5.0 liter engine on a Lincoln Town Car. (I assume it would be the same on 87 Ford Crown Victoria) They say its somewhere on back of engine close to fire wall. We cannot see it, and there is not enough space between firewall and fuel injection intake shroud to put your hand to even feel for it. Any one know how to find and replace it?

Reply to
J J

It is located behind the right rear of the intake in the top of the block. You should have someone with a bit of mechanical skill replace it along with the filter under it with a name brand if not OEM Motorcraft valve and filter. They PCV requires infrequent service but, a less than best you can get PCV may result in problems. It is not easy to get at and there are opportunities for the uninitiated to screw something up. If they could not find it, they are not likely qualified to replace/service it. You decide what your vehicle and time are worth to you.

Regards

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

I believe it should be on the rear/top of the driver side valvecover, if memory serves me correctly. At least it was on all Ford V-8s of that vintage that I have worked on.

HTH, Rick

Reply to
thetoolman