where to buy DIY rustproof coating?

I have searched everywhere trying to find the material that professional rust proofing companies like Ziebart use to paint around door hinges and inside door panels, etc. It's usually a caramel or clear colored and it stays some what soft. Where could I buy that and what is it called??

Thanks in advance,

Gary in Hawaii

Reply to
Ropert's Aloha

"Ropert's Aloha" wrote in message news:j6DLe.485$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.socal.rr.com...

Try "OilGuard" . I use that effectively in the rust belt of eastern Ontario. We also have up here "Rust Check" that works very well. You can find it at canadiantire.ca. There is also a few other products, like corrosion-free, which are mostly oil- based (which I prefer and is better as it does not crack or flack off - which you have with wax based product).

Oh and there is also Waxoil, which is popular in the UK. And POR-15 which is a pain to use but is apparently excellent. I am sure you can find these product on the internet (google).

BTW' why do you need rust protection in Hawaii?

Reply to
Frank

If I can reply for him "very salty air". When I first went to Hawaii in the 70s I was very surprised by the rusty Datsun 510s. With the thin sheet metal on those cars they just didn't last in Hawaii.

Reply to
Spam Hater

SELECT PRODUCTS->RUSTPROOF OR WAHTEVER appropriate, yes Amsoil is best known for the world's best and most durable oil (and no Mobil1 is not "number 1", it's number 2 after Amoidsl, and th eabsolute top is probably synlube, www. synlube.com)

Amsoil sells expensive but the ultimate in rustproof silicon sprays

Reply to
Mark Levitski

SELECT PRODUCTS->RUSTPROOF OR WAHTEVER appropriate, yes Amsoil is best known for the world's best and most durable oil (and no Mobil1 is not "number 1", it's number 2 after Amoidsl, and th eabsolute top is probably synlube, www. synlube.com)

Amsoil sells expensive but the ultimate in rustproof silicon sprays

Reply to
Mark Levitski

I should have thought of this myself... Right. salty air. Is this also a problem in other places like CA or Florida? I imagine so but we really hear of a car requiring RProofing there....

Reply to
Frank