Where to get good engine cleaning brushes?

As I posted earlier, I think I will be tearing down the engine in my '55 Stude soon, not because there's any problem with the way it runs or oil pressure, but because it leaks far more oil than it burns and also because my friend has a steam cleaner/pressure washer that he's itching to try out and my engine is UUUUGLY. (except for the area around the pass. side exhaust manifold; since I had to replace the manifold that area got somewhat detailed.)

Since the car was sitting for a number of years, some of the water passages are pretty crusty, especially inside the water manifold (there's a separate water manifold/pump housing; it's not integrated like later engines.) I know that engine builders have heavy wire-bristle bottle brushes to knock the big chunks off; where can I actually buy them? Instead of spending $$$ to have my parts dipped, I was going to try a homebrew cleaning regimen, but I need something to get into those hard to reach places. I'd like to get it cleaned up now if I could as I suspect that I will probably have my radiator recored at some point and I'd rather get all the caustic chemicals/floating rust chunks over with now rather than with a new rad. core.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Check page 78 of their online catalog.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Aside from the use of brushed, are you going to try to use the pressure washer to blast out some of that mineral scale and rust, Nate?

Reply to
<HLS