Which air tools should I buy? CP or IR

Hello, I am in the market for an air hammer/chisel, a cut off wheel and maybe an air nibbler. I've concluded that the best ones on the market are those by either Ingersoll-Rand or Chicago Pneumatic. What are your experiences and opinions on each brand?

Also, does it make sense for the DIY home mechanic to invest in the better built heavy duty version of these tools or is the low end, economy line sufficient for light automotive work and other misc jobs around the house?

TIA

Reply to
Tim

Buy the best tools that you can afford - I used some cheap ones and they are like having no tools at all, they break when you're in the middle of a job - I've gone to Porter Cable and Souix.

Andrew

Tim wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Paule

Reply to
Bush

None of those brands. Go with Snapon. I have 4 different air hammers IR, Mac, Souix, and Snapon. The Snapon air hammer gets through the toughest jobs with ease above all other brands in my opinion hands down! Mac comes in second.

Reply to
bdc