Why do my shoes squeak..??

Bicycle shops, car dealerships, tire shops, walk around and its squeak squeak squeak. I would presume that the tires are out-gassing something that falls on the floor and causes a squeak. Anyone know what that chemical is or what does in fact cause the squeaking when you walk around at a shop that has tires in it?

Reply to
Gromit

Most of the time those floors are very smooth, probably even waxed or treated with a sealer, etc. I think it is the smoothness that causes your rubber soled shoes to be more prone to squeaking, not some discrete chemical compound.

Reply to
hls

I can make my Raebok shoes squeak good and loud, if I want to. Where are my socks? cuhulin

Reply to
J R

I think the squeaking is you being too tight to buy a decent pair of shoes...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

It's called floor wax! Duh!

Reply to
willameena

The first time I piloted a floor buffer when I was in the Army, that buffer got away from me.The second or third time it was easy. cuhulin

Reply to
J R

That's always fun...it starts spinning wildly and (hopefully without the socket) pulls the plug out of the wall...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B