Will Chrysler still do the lifetime ABS recall?

My beautiful 1991 New Yorker 5th Avenue is starting to show the symptoms of the infamous Bendix 10 ABS problem. It only has 80K miles and had the recall done back in 1996 and again in March of this year! I know that two items are supposed to be for life, but will Chrysler continue to fix these things? I am looking for someone to convert it over to a regular power booser/master cylinder system without ABS. Mechanics here are very touchy about doing such a modification on the brake system, even if they know it would be better.

Reply to
sctvguy1

It was "lifetime" but it is getting hard to find a dealer that will deal with it. Twenty years old is ancient at a dealer shop.

It would be hard to find someone to retrofit it because of liability though the work wouldn't be that hard and the yards are full of donors. Is this something you could take on yourself or perhaps you have a mechanic friend that would enjoy making a project of it?

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

I have a friend with a 1963 Rambler Ambassador that he purchased new. It has the lifetime ceramic-armored exhaust system that AMC featured at the time -- this car has spent most of its life indoors and unused and still has parts of that ceramic-armored exhaust on it. Since Chrysler bought out AMC, wonder if they'll honor the warranty on that puppy when it finally needs a muffler?

Reply to
Roger Blake