windows tint coating uniformity at frit area

The tint film is not well stuck on the glass between dots on the frit area of my car windows. At some area, it's seamlessly coated, but elsewhere it's not, so it's clearly noticeable even from a distance.

  1. Would it do more harm than good (for example, adhesive residue, scratch on glasses, toxic adhesive removal agent if any, etc.) to remove the film and tint again?

  1. Or is it possible to fix it without removing the film?

3M film with lifetime warrany was used and I paid $225 for my wagon's 5 back windows at a tint shop in Santa Clara, California. The car dealershop referred the shop since the dealershop doesn't do it by themselves. When I picked up my car at the tint shop, I noticed it but the shop told me it would take upto 5 days to dry up and then it would disappear. They also told me to visit the shop again if it persists.

Advise appreciated.

Reply to
relatedtopics

Have you visited the shop again to have them correct it? If not I would suggest that as the first step. Don't under any circumstances attempt to correct it yourself - it will likely void any warranty.

Reply to
John S.

Take it back to the shop and have them repair it. DON'T touch it yourself because that WILL void the warranty.

Removing that film is a REAL PIA to do without screwing up the coating on the glass. If they have to remove it and screw up the glass they have to replace it.

Reply to
Steve W.