Wiring Diagram Oldsmobile Calais or Cutlass '82

Going to the steering column of an '82 Oldsmobile Calais (probably the same as a Cutlass) there is a wiring bundle with the colors:

Yellow Green Black Light-Blue Blue Brown Purple Yellow Green

Which wires go to the ignition switch? A wiring diagram would be helpful.

I'm trying to start the car, and the ignition switch itself is destroyed.

-- (||) Nehmo (||)

Reply to
Nehmo

Might help.

Reply to
Knifeblade_03

It turns out it was actually an '88 not an '82. I had some success getting a wiring diagram:

looked for the pink wire. It appears the pink wire and some other goto a switch that's located on top of the column and down the columnfrom the steering wheel. A linkage on the left of the column engagesit, and pulling the linkage is the same a turning the key clockwise.The linkage was broke. I pulled what was exposed with pliers, and thecar started.

Now, and I probably need to start another thread for visibility, but what's special about steering wheel nuts? I don't think it's a standard thread. And does anybody know exactly what kind of nut goes on this car?

Yes, I know I can call a dealer. Tomorrow is Sunday, though.

Reply to
Nehmo

Reply to
¨°º©o.,XT,.o©º°¨