'00 4Runner: is there an interior a/c filter???

I was wondering if my 2000 4Runner limited has an interior air filter for the a/c system that can and should be changed. I hear about other vehicles that have something near the front passenger kick panel. I looked in my car but don't see anything obvious.

Is there anything for me to change and should I be the one doing it??

Thanks in advance.

John

Reply to
John

I'm not sure on the 4Runner, but look behind the glove box compartment (pull in both sides at the same time and let it drop forward). It's usually placed above the fan behind a rectangular plastic door that is removed by pushing in on the tabs on each end. There may be mention of it in the manual as well.

Reply to
user