01 Prizm door handle housing

The inside, driver's side door handle housing has cracked. I thought I would take the housing off of the rear door and put it on the front until I can get to the dealer for a repair. How do I remove the housing (and how do I replace it)?

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

---MIKE---

Are you talking about the arm rest/door handle or the handle you pull to open the door?

If you are talking about the arm rest/door handle, there should be some circular plugs on the under side of the handle. Pop the plugs off with an awl or small screwdriver, and the Phillips head screws that hold the handle in place should be visible. There are usually 2 or three plugs and screws.

If you are talking about the door release, you will have to remove the inner door panel, which will take more time. Remove the arm rest as described above, remove the window crank, and start pulling the inner panel away from the door frame, starting at the bottom of the door, One you get one of the clips to pop out, you will get a feel for how they are held in place. I would warm up the interior of the car before starting this or you will break several of the clips.

Reply to
Ray O