'04 Toyota Harrier - Lost Key

I own an 04' Japanese imported Toyota Harrier (RX330 equivalent) and lost the only remote key that came with the car. Toyota dealers in my part of the world will not entertain me since this is a parallel import (non-official). I've been quoted about $1,250 to change to whole ignition, remote, immobiliser assembly and was told I have no other alternative.

Replacement keys are available on Ebay that claims 'simple' DIY programming. Would like to hear from anyone who had experience with these Ebay Lexus keys. I've read about master and valet keys and is non the wiser. I have two of the non-remote keys, are these valet keys? Will I need the original remote key to reprogram an Ebay replacement?

Regards, Nash

Reply to
Nash Hon

Maybe try an independent shop that specializes in Toyotas. He will probably have contacts in a dealership parts dept and get help that they won't give you.

Reply to
Art