05 4Runner Hidden Menus

Just purchased my 4Runner and while reading the owners manual I noticed that a number of factory defaults can be changed but, one needs to contact the dealer. Was wondering if anyone might know how to access these "hidden menus"? ie; Day Light Running Lights on/off Remote Access Sound Adjust Illuminated Entry Thanks

Reply to
W Gordon

if you're willing to pay $10 for access to factory service manuals and service bulletins, try techinfo.toyota.com.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray, will keep the link for future reference. Was kinda hoping that someone just 'might' be willing to part with the info for free :)

Reply to
W Gordon

I would if I had it. Sorry I couldn't help!

Reply to
Ray O

Those options are accessible through the toyota factory scantool under the "customize" menu. If you haven't shelled out a few grand for one yet, then see your dealer. The one I work for provides the service for free for customers that purchased vehicles there, as it only takes a few minutes to do and is usually only done once. I bet if you go into the service dept and ask nicely someone will bring a scantool out to your car for you and set it up as you please.

Reply to
qslim

Thank you, I'll give it a shot.

Reply to