05 4Runner trailer brake

I'm attempting to install a trailer-brake controller utilizing the 'male' jumper harness that was included (in the glove box) with the vehicle. Was hoping someone might have information regarding the location of the female "service connector" that mates with the jumper harness (PN 82132-60110). According to the owners manual the connector location appears to be under the drivers side dash, somewhere. I've looked under the dash and could find nothing that would mate with the harness. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
W Gordon

How many pins are in the connector? Does it connect to the brake light switch?

Reply to
Ray O

The connector is five pin male. It's supposed to mate with with its complement (according to the owners manual) somewhere underneath the drivers side of the dash. I can't find it and neither of my local Toyota dealers have been of help.

Reply to
W Gordon

Reply to
Wolfgang

Thanks, I finally found the connector up under the drivers side of the dash, just left of the OBD connector, and in the wiring loom that goes up the left inside fender. The connector and its leads were twisted around the wire loom so that the connector was between the the fender and loom making it all but impossible to see at first. I just purchased a Tekonsha Envoy controller in the hopes that the "pivot mount" it comes with and some double sided tape can be used to anchor the unit to the plastic trim below the steering wheel. Btw, where did you mount your controller?

Reply to
W Gordon

Don't count on double-stick tape alone, that's only to hold it in the right position till you remove the control from the bracket and put a couple of screws into the dash for a permanent anchor.

If it didn't come with the tape, I'd tell you to get some. Nothing is more fun than thinking you have it in the right position, then it moves and you mount it cockeyed. And have to do it over.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman