05 Camry in for Warranty work at 15k

I have finally take my 05 Camry 4cyl Auto in for a bunch of warranty work. Here's the rundown.

The rattly chrome trim piece under the shifter was fixed. They said they had to repair it. No more rattle.

The door squeaks. They put some tape under the interior panels and the squeaks are gone.

The driver door latch requiring 2 tries to get unlatched to get out. They lubricated, opens first pull so far.

Engine pinging noise. Said they can't find it. Hooked up an analyzer to check for knock, none found. Tends to do it in warm weather, and only sounds like a ping, but dosen't feel like it. Will bring it back in the Summer. I have read that 02 and 03 Camry 4cyl had a pingining noise in the intake manifold (not valves) but Toyota supposedly fixed that. This is where my noise is coming from. Anyone else have this on an 05? You can really only hear it with the windows open and the radio off.

Power Driver seat loose/rocking. They checked it out and said they couldn't find anything. Had same problem with my 01 Camry and it was defective seat tracks. They said the tracks were fine. I could show them the movement, but they couldnt' fix it. The seat still rocks slightly at take off just enough to startle you at times. I will take it back again this summer.

The drivers roof drip edge was coming loose. They secured it and said it had just popped off. We'll see if it holds up.

Overall, happy they fixed some of the sqeaks and rattles, Dissapointed the seat still feels loose. I'll be back.

Reb

Reply to
Roadrunner NG