05 sienna - hitch

Hey all, been a long time since I posted here, but nice to see that everyone is up to the normal stuff.

I just picked up a new 05 sienna LE this weekend to make room for the growing family. I'm looking for a hitch to tow a small boat and utility trailer. Most of the shops I've been too have the standard 2" reciever, but it seems to hang pretty low on other siennas that i've seen. I saw a guy driving one yesterday that looked very low profile, but I know it's not a factory one. None of the shops I've been to have a low profile option or seem to know where to find one.

Anyone know of a specific model or brand that I could research?

Thanks,

Scott in WI

Reply to
Wiscottsin

Besides the dealership, the biggest selling brands in the Midwest are Draw-Tite and Reese, and Valley. These brands should all have web sites where you may be able to get a sneak preview of its appearance.

Reply to
Ray O

Check this out:

Bottom line, if you go with a 3rd party hitch, you will need to install some kind of an airlift system (which costs $60 bucks and is super easy to install)... if you install the toyota hitch, they design it in such a way that you will be fine, but an air system would still help. Check out the link above and go through the entire thread.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

I put a Hidden Hitch on my 04 Sienna LE, Six bolts and you're done. It helps to have a floor jack to rase the other side while you get a bolt started. They hang low, but I've not had any problem. I just tow a utility trailer and it has perhaps 40 lbs of hitch weight. Wiring was easy too, no panels had to come off. BTW, I bought mine on the internet here:

I see the prices are up a bit, I paid $111 for mine.

Good luck

Reply to
"Dbu''