06 RAV4 question, sensors on dash, what are they?

On my 06 RAV4 (Limeted) there are 2 sensors on the dash in front of the driver. Does anybody know what they are? I asked the sales droid when I bought it and he didn't know. I noticed that these were called out while looking for a dash cover so I imaging one would not want to have them covered up? Thanks if you can help.

--Ben

Reply to
Ben Phlat

On my 4Runner they are temperature sensors (one is outside)

Reply to
Wolfgang

I am not familiar with the dashboard on your vehicle, but if the sensors are black circular buttons located in or near the front defroster vents, then they are probably photosensors for things like automatic headlights, dashboard lights, and air conditioning.

Reply to
Ray O

Do you like the RAV4? My 02 Highlander & it are damned near same size and I like the 3.5 (its in our Avalon).

Reply to
ron

So far I like it just fine although my wife gets to drive it mostly. ;-( With the 269hp v6 that thing is almost scarry fast. Way easy to speed, got to be careful, it likes 80 on the freeway even when I try to keep it slower. ;-)

--Ben

Reply to
Ben Phlat