07 JBL MP3 CD Player - no fast forward?

seems like the 2007 Toyota JBL MP3 CD player has no way to do fast forward to skip to the middle of a MP3 track?

This makes it pretty hard to listen to long MP3 audiobook files.

Anyone know if there is a way to do this?

tia!

Reply to
perfb

I'd be surprised if this wasn't covered in the Owner's Manual...

Perhaps it is like fast-fowarding on a CD? My 2004 Owner's Manual (no MP3 capability) says to fast-foward on a CD is to go to the Audio screen, and press AND hold the >> button (arrows pointing up) on the screen.

Reply to
mrv

And.............?

Reply to
mack

I'm saving a lot on gas...but my loan payments are a lot higher than they would be for a normal economy car; non hybrid. Prius?

Reply to
Zeek

"Zeek" opin'd thus:

I'm saving a lot on gas...and my loan payments are pretty cheap, as they would be for a normal economy car; but I have an xB!

Starting tomorrow, I'm saving quite a bit more on gas...and my loan payments are nothing 'cause I'll be riding my paid-for R1100S BMW.

-Don (wondering what's the point?)

Reply to
Don Fearn

Prius is not an economy car. It's a low-emissions car.

No one should ever borrow money to buy a new car.

Reply to
richard schumacher

Am I missing something here? Did my newsreader screw up?

This was a thread about MP3 players...

Reply to
Hachiroku

It's a low-gas usage car; that by definition cuts emissions down. It also has other features that allow the internal combustione engine to operate most efficiently not only with respect to fuel but also with emissions, cutting emissions further.

People use the term "economy car" to denote "it has high gas mileage", that's all. No, it's not what I would call an economy car; it's a midsize 5 door that can be equipped to be chock-full of gadgets.

I just wish the average Prius driver would stop playing the damn dashboard video game and DRIVE. People, there IS an outside world out there, full of others. Don't get in their way just because you want to coast to the intersection 1/2 mile away to see the dashboard video game light up the way you want it.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Hachiroku ???? opin'd thus:

Relax; your newsreader is fine: there was a threadjacking by "Zeek" after the second post . . . .

Reply to
Don Fearn

----- Why not borrow money for a new car?

Reply to
mark digital©

'Cause it costs a whole lot less in the long run to pay cash up front, rather than take out a loan - which involves interest. But not everyone has that much cash hanging around that can be spent all at once on a car (or anything else).

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

----- "Never ever?" or Not even a "little bit?" Let's hear from Richard since he's the one that made the statement, "No one should ever borrow money to buy a new car".

mark_

-----

Reply to
mark digital©

I'm with you on pretty much all that, Elmo. I'd better take my temperature... I must have a fever. ;-)

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

So, while we're hijacking threads...

It was nice and sunny, I bet it was into the upper 60's. I was sweating!

Then it clouded up, but I managed to finish getting the base coat on. Stuff dries fast!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ah, but what would that cash be earning? I took a loan at 3.79 APR when I bought my Prius in September, 2004. My investments have performed better than that since that, plus I have a savings account that earns about 5% interest.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

...and my weather program says you may get 3 inches of snow tonight...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Now, not much.

I took a loan at 3.79 APR when

Then count yourself lucky, re: 5%.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

There's no luck involved since anyone who wants such an account can open one. Well, I'm only familiar with what's available in the US...

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

Mine says 4...

But I got it on and it's dry, so let it snow! It'll be gone tomorrow!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hachiroku ???? opin'd thus:

EXCELLENT day for painting your garage door!

I had my first motorcycle ride of the season on Thursday afternoon. The temps had finally been warm enough long enough that there was a path from the Man Garage out to the street that was snow- and ice-free except for that last bit of slush that had been the ridge that the snowplow left.

What I didn't notice was that the shallow ditch just before that was a swamp and I got mired in mud just before reaching the slushy part. A R1100S isn't a good dirt bike, but a couple of boards under the tires and some rocking and slinging of mud and slush and I made it up on the street.

I rode to the license bureau to register the motorcycles, and when I got home I decided it would be better to park on the driveway, blocking the commuter car . . . so I *had* to ride to work yesterday.

By yesterday afternoon, the mud had dried enough that I could get the bike back into the Man Garage where today it's going to get all the mud cleaned off . . . .

-Don (eager to get the rest of the bikes out . . . when it's warmer)

Reply to
Don Fearn