*^%$@#!@# $130 in brake parts

And they can't even throw in the brass crush washers that keep the damn Banjo Bolt from leaking???!!!!!

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

The good news? It WAS the caliper, so at least I can get my $70 back for the hose!

Reply to
hachiroku

"" wrote: > And they can't even throw in the brass crush washers that keep > the damn > Banjo Bolt from leaking???!!!!! > > AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! > > The good news? It WAS the caliper, so at least I can get my > $70 back for > the hose!

I just replaced the front brake pads on my ?97 T-100 at 175,000 miles. Is this in any way close to to typical? I think my dealer thought I was pulling their leg. :) The price for the parts was higher than non-OEM, but considering the history it should be worth it...I hope. BTW I did the work myself.

Reply to
rob

40k miles is more typical. good job driving!
Reply to
Ray O

I don't believe it either! 175,000 miles! Do you STOP, EVER??!!

You must have a 5-speed...and drive VERY Gently!

Reply to
hachiroku

"" wrote: > On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 00:36:03 -0400, rob wrote: > > > "" wrote: > > > And they can't even throw in the brass crush washers that > keep the damn > > > Banjo Bolt from leaking???!!!!! > > > > > > AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! > > > > > > The good news? It WAS the caliper, so at least I can get > my $70 back > > > for > > > the hose! > > > > I just replaced the front brake pads on my ?97 T-100 at > 175,000 miles. Is > > this in any way close to to typical? I think my dealer > thought I was > > pulling their leg. :) The price for the parts was higher > than non-OEM, > > but considering the history it should be worth it...I hope. > BTW I did the > > work myself. > > I don't believe it either! 175,000 miles! Do you STOP, > EVER??!! > > You must have a 5-speed...and drive VERY Gently!

That 175,000 was written after a long night at work...I meant to write

92,000. It?s on a four-wheel drive automatic. I have driven nothing but stick shifts up to that point, though. Maybe that helped. Sorry about the number typo. :?
Reply to
rob

I typically get 150K on my brakes.

Yes, I drive a manual. IMHO, the advantage is not down shifting to brake (I never do that). It's that drivers of a manual tend to anticipate traffic ahead so they don't have to shift, or brake.

Reply to
kgold

let's see... which is cheaper - brake pads or a clutch?

Reply to
Steve Henderson

Steve Henderson wrote in news:qkwMe.35231$ snipped-for-privacy@fe02.lga:

Double-clutch and there is zero clutch wear when downshifting. Got 250K on my original clutch right now.

Reply to
TeGGeR®