18,000 miles/year - is that high for a 2003 Camry?

Did you find this out over Mother's day weekend?

Reply to
Ray O

Did you actually think that those numbers really mean anything?

Reply to
Bob Ward

Have you ever been to the 75 mile circles around NYC , LA, or San Francisco?

Reply to
Bonehenge

Seriously, do you understand what a contract is? A lease is simply a long-term rental agreement between the lessee and a lessor (usually a finance company). It would be perfectly OK for the contract to require you to send two free-range chickens to the lessor with your payment, if that's what you both agreed at signing.

Using your logic, if I had a lease that specified 8k or 24k a year (they exist!), 8k or 24k would be "normal". I'll bet the next purchaser of the car might not agree.

"Normal" mileage is the average mileage of all similar registered vehicles, regardless of how they were paid for.

Reply to
Bonehenge

Think "liability", as well.

Try to find the true owner of many rental aircraft!

Reply to
Bonehenge

yes, I've never seen such an incompetent organization

WARNING: NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS.COM They can't deliver as promised

Reply to
jdoe

since just about everyone in the auto business uses their numbers, I think that they mean something. Do you have better numbers, booby?

WARNING: NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS.COM They can't deliver as promised

Reply to
jdoe
[sell cars of a given model year a year early]

Oh, well, that makes it okay, then.

*snort*

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Can't that be controlled by running a can of engine flush (kerosene) through the engine before changing the oil?

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Get it? I was responding to your routine allegation that I4 Camrys are underpowered. They are not. Got any more questions?

Oh, by the way, the new Camry V6 gets better fuel economy than the Impala. You can look it up.

***
Reply to
DH

Hmmm..... It is probably a good idea to remember that outfit if you ever "forget" your mother/wife/girlfriend's birthday or anniversary!

Reply to
Ray O

I never said it was ok, I just noted that many manufactures do the same thing

only simple minded pigs snort an answer

WARNING: NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS.COM They can't deliver as promised

Reply to
jdoe

that's the point of the exercise

WARNING: NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS.COM They can't deliver as promised

Reply to
jdoe

The point of my post was "Gee honey, I didn't forget your birthday/anniversary/mother'sday/Valentine! Didn't you get your flowers? I ordered them from 1800flowers.com"

Reply to
Ray O

you got it right

WARNING: NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS.COM They can't deliver as promised

Reply to
jdoe

Why would any company be so stupid as to put a V8 into a FWD car? LOL

Reply to
dizzy

Dizzy, AKA Stupid, Troll, Idiot, Moron, Dumbshit, Asshole, Engineer and Pathological liar, Duh, because buyers want to buy them? LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

So Impala is going to out-sell Camry, now? LOL

Maybe GM is trying to corner the market on torque-steering crap with bad interiors. LOL

Reply to
dizzy

Woa. What language is that?

Since virtually all politicians suck, and are taking away our rights, do your best each election to find someone who has never ran for office, and if they are even slightly acceptable, vote for them.

Reply to
DTJ

I see "typical" much more frequently. Or "anticipated" instead. Some cars typically cover a lower annual mileage. Call it 10,000 miles a year, something like, hmm the Ford Ka. We annualised closer to 25,000 miles a year.

Other vehicles frequently cover 40,000 miles a year.

What's the normal? Specifically, it isn't relevant...

Reply to
DervMan