192 Bucks for an OEM tire?!?!

Bridgestone Potenza RE92, 215/45-17. List price from Tirerack is $192!!! I found one for $168, and missed 2 today on ebay for $75 including shipping; looked about the same wear as mine.

Picked up a screw in the Driver's rear yesterday. Thought I heard something but a quick check showed nothing, and a spot check before starting up looked good. This morning it was down about 2/3s and then I saw the screw.

Luckily it's right smack in the middle of the tread so a repair should be no problem.

When I was deciding on tires for the Supra, price was an issue. I went with Hankook K-106s, $72 per tire for a 225/50-16. I have had Hankook snows before and they were fairly good, but I wasn't sure about how a 'performance' Hankook would be, and was especially concerned about Road Noise because of the targa top.

Not only are they super quiet, they also handle quite well, even on wet pavement and track pretty solid. They also have very high treadware rating for a performance ("All Season") tire, although I certainly don't want to test them in the sneaux!

I think these will be the replacement for the Potenzas in a year or two.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hmm, this happens a lot when driving thru West Hollywood and the Castro district of San Francisco.

: - )

Reply to
mack