1982 Pickup SOS

I'm writing for a friend of mine. He has a great 1982 white pickup, which has been awesome and has so many sentimental memories. Unfortunately, a woman backed up into him at a McDonald's drivethrough with a Yukon. Yes, she's wrong, problem is, you can't find the parts to fix this truck, who's engine is perfect as well as the body, before accident and has much sentimental value. He needs a huge HELP on this one. Body shop claims they searched the web and nothing. Can you guys help in where to find bumper supports and R/L headlight assembly. He would very greatly appreciate this as he's not in a position quite yet to buy a Tacoma.

Thanks so much, M

Reply to
Marissa

We could maybe help if...

  1. Need a YEAR -- 1982 -- Got it.
  2. Need a MAKE -- Chevy, Toyota, GMC, Buick...
  3. Need a MODEL -- Tahoe, Tundra, Jimmy, LaSabre, etc..

Did your friend call the dealer and see if they could help? Call any local junkyards yet?

Reply to
mrsteveo

Considering that this is a Toyota newsgroup, I would assume she's referring to a Toyota pick-up.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Being it's posted in a TOYOTA group, my first guess would be TOYOTA. Of course, I've been wrong before...

Once.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Bumper support = friend with welder and some steel scrap

Reply to
Rooster

Yes, I'm sorry..It's a Toyota 1982, they didn't have models then. Nothing at the junkyards. That's why I'm posting here.

The guy at the body shop even tried Mexico.

The >

Reply to
Marissa