1987 Toyota Supra Turbo

body, suspension, drivetrain, interior, tires.......basically everything is in very good condition, not mint but very clean. The only issue is one cylinder has very low compression and the engine needs that repaired. Many, many aftermarket performance add-ons (approx. $7000 worth). First $2750.00 takes it. This is the perfect fast and furious car for the backyard mechanic. Lots of opportunity to make some money on this one.

mrcbr929 at shaw dot ca

Reply to
mrcbr929

Just a comment: low compression can be caused by many things, such as burned valves, broken ring(s), cracked piston, cracked head, failed head gasket. If the piston or rings are cracked the possibility of bore damage is high. Given the statement that there's $7K of performance add-ons, it's pretty certain there's other engine wear and tear.

In other words, the head has to come off and be reconned (assuming it's even possible) unless it was done relatively recently, and the engine needs a complete inspection and rebuild as necessary. You can't just fix one cylinder, unless you like wasting money.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

That's about what this car is worth in MINT condition.

As a former UCD, it really doesn't matter what's on the car. We go by BlueBook and that's about it.

This car would be worth $2750 with a good engine; with one that's on it's way out, it would be $1200 tops; I'd pay $600 IF it has the pieces I need to repair mine...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ah, so you already tried to re-torque those loose head bolts but it was to late. BHG. Why not just be honest!

Any chance you live in California might part it out? I would defiantly interested in that.

Reply to
Danny G.

If there's truly "lots of opportunity to make some money on this one," why doesn't he do it himself? This alone should indicate some concern...not to mention the failed cylinder and aftermarket add-ons.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Me too. I'd buy some parts off it, esp if it's a Sport Roof 5 speed.

Reply to
Hachiroku