1988 carb corolla SR5

About this time last year I installed a new distributer and wire set. All was well and then a few months ago I began to get a missing cylinder intermittently. I finally checked the "new" wire set and found one of the wires was scorched and somewhat deformed. At this point it was missing badly of course. I put in a new wire set and new plugs to be sure and now all is fine. Very smooth power for a 18 year old car. My question. What would cause a wire set ( at least one of the wires to go bad so soon?) I have never had a wire set fail that soon.

thanks, gary

Reply to
Gary

My guess is that the wires were aftermarket wires that were not as well made as OEM wires.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray That occured to me as well. That is definately a problem with non OEM parts. Save a few bucks now - pay more later!

Reply to
Gareth

You're welcome!

Reply to