1992 Corolla brakelight problem.

Here is the problem I?m seeing: As soon as my headlights (or daytime running lights) come on, all of my brake lights come on. I tried testing the brake lights without having the headlights or daytime running lights on, and they were working fine.

I checked the fuses and they are OK. Any ideas on what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Reply to
kurtk

kurtk wrote in news:1_595751 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com:

If you mean your TAIL lights and not BRAKE lights, then there's no problem. That's how they made them back then. It's supposed to be that way. You'll find your side-marker lights are on as well.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote: > kurtk wrote in > news:1_595751 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com: > > > Here is the problem I?m seeing: > > As soon as my headlights (or daytime running lights) come > on, all of > > my brake lights come on. > > I tried testing the brake lights without having the > headlights or > > daytime running lights on, and they were working fine. > > > > I checked the fuses and they are OK. Any ideas on what the > problem > > might be and how to fix it? > > > > > If you mean your TAIL lights and not BRAKE lights, then > there's no problem. > That's how they made them back then. It's supposed to be that > way. You'll > find your side-marker lights are on as well. > > > -- > TeGGeR®

I meant my brake lights. Problem turned out to be that I had a problem with one of the bulb sockets. I cleaned it up, and put in a new bulb, and everything went back to working correctly.

Reply to
kurtk