1993 Tercel idles rough and stalls

I have a 93 Tercel.

It starts fine, but idles rough and will stall at a stop if I don?t constantly give it gas. I replaced the cap and wires, which seems to have helpd a bit, but it hasn?t solved the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks!, T

How old are the spark plugs and what kind of spark plugs are installed?

Is the base ignition timing set according to factory specifications?

Reply to
Ray O

I would also look around at the vaccuum hoses and the air intake tube for leaks.

Reply to
Hachiroku

The plugs are about a year old, I don?t know what kind were installed,

- I didn?t do it myself. I have not checked the base ignition timing, I?ll look into that. Thanks!, T