1994 toyota corolla replace strut/strut assembly (the whole shebang)

I brought my car in to get the rear brakes repaired and ran into another problem. My front struts need to be replaced (and not just a mechanic saying they need to, they are in terrible shape - the right front looks like it is ready to fall off!). Everything needs to be replaced...the mounts, coil and entire strut assembly. My mechanic quoted $1000 for everything (including the tune up/inspection, oil change, and wheel alignment). Is this a good deal or not? I know the "struts" themselves are relatively cheap, but is this a fair price to replace everything, including labor? Thanks!

Reply to
schuey