1998 Corolla Air Filter

Hi all..

Ok, I accept, I am new to changing a car air filter. I just cant figure out where to locate the air filter in my 1998 Corolla. The user manual seems to not contain information about how to change the air filter. I bought a new air filter, but I'm still to replace the old one. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
bugsrolla

Which air filter, the one for the engine or the one for climate system?

The one for the engine is in the engine bay and probably near the driver's side inside an enclosure. Look for big tubes that lead air from the front of the car to the top of the engine.

I don't know if your vehicle has an air filter for the climate system.

Reply to
badgolferman

Thanks badgolferman!

The engine air filter is what I am looking to inspect and change.

While I'm at it, I'll try to see if there is an air filter for the climate system too. Is there any way I can get to it without unscrewing the dash or something?

Thanks again.

Reply to
bugsrolla

I don't know if your Corolla has a cabin air filter, but if it does, I'd imagine it would be where other Toyota models has it, behind the glove box. Merely squeeze together the sides of the glove box as you pull it back, and it will pop out, revealing the cabin air filter.

Or you could look in your owner's manual; the owner's manual for both my Toyota models (Camry and xB) cover this information.

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

Thanks guys! I did manage to find it finally. I'm surprised, it was staring at me in the eyes; I dont know how I missed it!

Anyways, I didnt need to change it. The filter was in good condition. So, this adventure ends in me going back to the store to return the new air filter I bought!

Thanks again.

Reply to
bugsrolla