1998 Landcruiser A/C noise

While the A/C is running on my 1998 Landcruiser, every so often I hear a momentary "whooop" sound. Could it be the automatic temp control adjusting the vent gates? It's kinda funny, especially when I have a lady in the car and she hears this "whooop". She would ask "who did that?".

Reply to
Dennis Leong

Or a critter in the blower cage?

Seriously, my first guess would be a leak in the automatic temp control or a blend door that is binding a little.

Reply to
Ray O

Ray O, how would I go about diagnosing this? Thank you.

Reply to
Dennis Leong

Noises are very difficult to diagnose without actually hearing it or its source. Your best bet is to figure out under what conditions the noise occurs and then stick your head under the dash when the noise happens.

Reply to
Ray O