1999 Corolla warning light

Hey Y'all,

I have a 1999 Toyota Corolla (Japanese). There's a particular warning light that comes on ocassionally but I don't understand what it means. It looks lika a horseshoe with 2 arrows pointing to the center. Does anyone have any idea what this is for or where I could some info on this particular warning light? Thanks.

Reply to
bornfree

The owner's manual contains a picture of the dashboard, with descriptions of all the warning lights. What does it say about that light?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Apply your parking brake and see if the light comes on. If it does, then it is your parking brake/low brake fluid level warning light. Check the brake fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir under the hood. If it is low, check your brake linings for wear. If any one of the brake linings is less than 2/32" (2 mm) thick, they need replacement.

Reply to
Ray O

The likelihood that the parking brake switch is bad is very low and is one of the last things I would check.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks. However, I doubt it has anything to do with the brakes, I know the brakes warning light & it's not that. I will still try ur suggestion to c if it helps. It's really an unusual looking icon as I had never seen it b4. I was hoping that someone might have had a manual and could tell me what the warning light is reporting.

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
bornfree

Is the Corolla an LE model? Check your rear lights, including brake lights, turn signal lights, license plate lights, and center high mounted stop lamp.

Reply to
Ray O

You found the fault in your own argument - a sign of good, logical thinking. You just have to do the logic check before giving the advice ;-)

Reply to
Ray O