1999 Toyota Corolla Rear Struts

Have over 80,000 on our car. Just noticed that the body rides on the tires when we put over 40 pounds in the trunk (3 bags of potting soil). Went to the Toyota dealer who said that he could not find anything wrong. Strange, but I think it is a combo of the rear struts and coils needing to be replaced. Need other opinions before I pursue the replacement. Sear is wanting $475.....Paul

Reply to
Paul

You went to the dealer and they found nothing wrong? Congratulations! Seriously, if I put 3 bags of potting soil in the trunk of our '95 Prizm, it sits low, too. Three bags of potting soil weigh a heck of a lot more than

40 lbs combined. Then again, I am talking about the big ones at Home Depot that I have to find a flat cart for.
Reply to
Truckdude

If you are in the U.S. and have the struts replaced at a Toyota dealer, you will have a lifetime guarantee on parts and labor at any Toyota dealer in the U.S. If you have replacements done elsewhere, check the warranty carefully to see where you need to take it for warranty work and if labor and related parts are covered as well.

If the car rides well without anything in the trunk and you use the trunk only occasionally, it may not be necessary to change the struts. Keep in mind that when you place something in the trunk behind the rear wheels, the car will sag more than if you put the weight ahead of the rear wheels.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray, I'll wait until it gets worst.....Paul

Reply to
Paul

You're welcome and good luck!

Reply to