2 door Corolla?

Pardon the on-topic post.

Does Toyota make a 2 door Corolla?

All the one's I've seen forsale appear to be 4 door.

Reply to
Michael Golden

I had one, back in the 70's. Now let us get back to off topics.

Reply to
Moe

"Michael Golden" wrote in news:xn0fqrgt7ffx8r002 @news.individual.net:

4-door only! Things are simple these days.

Remember the '80-'83 version? It was available in no less than SIX body styles:

2-door sedan 4-door sedan 4-door wagon 2-door hardtop coupe 3-door fastback 3-door hardtop Liftback

I had two of the Liftbacks.

Reply to
Tegger

Yes, much simpler these days. I remember buying a 1967 Plymouth and I had to decide if I wanted the full-size or mid-size (I chose the mid-size), what engine I wanted (straight 6, 273 cu V8, 318 cu V8, 383 cu V8 or the 426 cu hemi V8), what carb on the V8's (2bl, 4 bl, 3-2bls or 2-4bls), what rear end ratio and either a standard or limited slip,

3 speed or 4 speed stick shift or 3 speed automatic, 2 door or 4 door, sedan, hardtop or convertible, what color paint on the outside (I think I had a choice of around 10 or 12 different colors), solid color or two-tone, what color accent strip on the chrome strip along the side, type of seat (bench or bucket) type of fabric for the seats, color of interior, AC or standard, PS, PB, light package, etc. I think the pamplet listing the options was around 5 or 6 pages. It took me over a month to decide and another month for Chrysler to build and ship it to the dealer. It was a great car, I drove it until an old man rear ended me and totaled it.

I bought a Corolla a couple of years ago. Went into the dealer's showroom, did a test drive, wrote a check and drove it home. We didn't get the color we wanted or the radio package we wanted but we did get a car.

Jack

Damn, I miss those days.....

Reply to
Retired VIP

Why didn't the dealership do a search for the exact one you wanted?

Cathy (who's never, ever found the exact car I wanted on a local lot)

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F." wrote in news:RKCdnSCIM- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Weirdly, my very own current car, a 1991 Acura Integra, was /precisely/ what I wanted. And it was on the local dealer's lot, freshly arrived off the truck. And the local dealer was the cheapest of anybody I had quote for me. How about that?

Reply to
Tegger

You lucked out, big time!

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F." wrote in news:TvednVWz- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I thought so too.

The only issue was that the car came with power steering, something I didn't want. But then all Integras came with power steering that year.

Toyota in 1991 had given up offering hatchbacks, which is why they lost a sale to me. I needed a hatch for its cargo capacity, but didn't want a station wagon. The '82 Corolla SR5 Liftback I was driving at the time had gotten too rusty and needed to be replaced.

Reply to
Tegger

No.

Reply to
Hach

I was really disappointed when I went car shopping in '90 for a replacement for my '84 Corolla liftback - wanted another one. But I caved & get a sedan. The rear cargo space of the liftback came in useful now & again, but I didn't really need it on a constant basis.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I still have mine...

Reply to
Hachiroku

He would have. The It would have taken two weeks to get the car to the dealer and it would have cost me an added $600. I've not been back to the dealer since nor will I ever go back.

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP

The two weeks I can maybe see. Adding on $600 for locating the car you want? That part - arghh. They would've lost my business, too.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

At this time, Corollas only come in 4 door sedans and the Matrix 5 door wagon/hatchback in the U.S.

Reply to
Ray O

I really wanted a small truck, like they used to make, that got real good mpg. But... They really don't make such a thing any more. I consider the base truck as more mid sized, and overly weighted down with all the "stuff". That that led to a car.. I really wanted a Corolla wagon. A true Corolla wagon, not a semi worked over SUV on a Corolla chassis. To me, a true Corolla wagon would get the same mpg as the 4 door sedan as long as both were empty. Would not have the slightly higher profile the Matrix seems to have. The Matrix does not get quite as good mpg as the Corolla in general. But no true wagon, so I got what everyone else got... A pint sized Ward Cleaver mobile... Luckily, the 60/40 fold down rear seats save my butt on hauling stuff. I can even sleep in it. Stretched all the way out too.. So it's kinda like a semi wagon if the back seats are done.. No headroom in the back though.. :(

Reply to
nm5k