2000 corolla seat belt light

My selt belt light flashes when I put on my selt belt and when I take it off it goes off. It is backwards. I looked in the owners manual on how to fix this and the only thing I have seen is it tells me to take it to the dealer for repair. Well, I know that is going to be over $100 for that because the shop fees are ridiculous. Anyone got a clue on how to fix this? It really isnt harming me except to see that thing flashing while driving down the road.

John

Reply to
DEADn

Are you shure it is not the air bag light?

Has any work ben done recently to the car?

Reply to
Ray O

I am sure it is the seat belt light. If I am in the car and driving and I do not have my seatbelt on it wont flash. It does the opposite of what it is supposed to do. When I got the car it didnt do that. The last thing I had done on the car was an oil change. I wonder if something happened during that? It is a funky thing to see.

John

Reply to
DEADn

I have never heard of the seat belt light doing what you are describing. Take a look inside the seat belt receptacle to make sure there are no foreign objects inside, like a coin.

Reply to
Ray O

You remind me of the guy that wanted one of our dealerships to replace his five years old battery for free. He claimed the car stated fine till one of our techs changed his wiper blades LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

When you deal with customers every day, you hear some good ones. What's scary is that some people actually believe what they're saying!

Reply to
Ray O

Well, I dont want the dealership to replace anything on this car because I know they are going charge a bunch and it is ridiculous for this thing. This morning I played with the seatbelt and the warning light comes on as I start pulling it out and over my chest.. Weirdest thing I have ever seen.

I dont lose any sleep over it but I sure would like to know what is causing this. Other than that and getting a new battery a year ago this car has been good. I have had it for over 2 years now. ALOT better then the Neon I had.

John

Reply to
DEADn