2000 echo engine mounts

I lost a 2000 Echo (2-door, manual) with 77K miles and no problems with the engine mounts. I replaced it was a 2000 Echo (4-door, manual) with 55K miles, and am being told that it needs new engine mounts. Is it just "luck of the draw" or are there other factors that might be involved. The first Echo spent

3 years in NorCal and 2 in AZ, and the second all 5 in AZ. Is air temperatire a factor?
Reply to
Brian Gordon

Where did you lose it? Perhaps I can find it somewhere?

Reply to
HachiRoku

Not usually, but could be.

Who is telling you it needs engine mounts? What symptoms are you experiencing under what conditions?

Reply to
Ray O

Dealer. Excessive engine vibration at idle with A/C on.

Reply to
Brian Gordon

When you turn on the AC, does the engine RPM surge up a little or does it drop or stay even? If it doesn't surge up a little, that could be the problem.

Reply to
Ray O