2000 RAV4 idle

Our 2000 RAV4, 4-door, automatic, 2W drive, has just over 100K miles on it. When warmed up and under load (like at a traffic light, in gear, A/C on) it idles roughly. My local mechanic reports that idle is completely under computer control, so it can't be moved up a notch. Since there are no error codes saved, there is nothing that can be done.

Is there something else to look at?

Reply to
Brian Gordon

Check the mass air flow sensor wire - clean any gunk off of the wire. Check for cracks or openings in the intake tube between the air filter and throttle body. Check for vacuum leaks. Check to make sure that the AC idle up feature works properly - when idling, turning on the AC should bump up the engine RPM somewhere between 50 and 100 RPM.

Try a bottle of Chevron Techron or Toyota fuel injector cleaner.

Reply to
Ray O