2000 toyota corolla loud engine rattle

Toyota with 104k miles has a very loud knocking sound coming from the front passenger side. It is worst at idle and low speeds. 3 mechanics told me I needed a new tensioner - got the tensioner replaced, noise still there. Got the timing chain tensioner pulley replaced - noise is still there. The check engine light was on as well.

Mechanic told me issue was fixed but the noise is the same. Told me I need ed a new power steering pump but I can't see how that would have anything t o do with this rattle.

I'd appreciate any and all ideas about what may be going on so I can be pre pared when I take it to a (different) mechanic. Thank you!!

Reply to
sam.anthaerer