2001 Camry - How to Program all doors to unlock when put in park?

I dont drive a new car dayle but.... When did these features stop being about child safety and preventing passengers from opening doors when they could get hurt.

BTW: Maybe it's just because I do not have kids but... Auto Locking my doors seems to be about even on the pro/con list to me.

Dan

Reply to
Danny G.

Woops......................... daily

Reply to
Danny G.

I agree, it's kind of dangerous to have the door unlocked when shifting into P (which is the default setting on new car). That's why I reprogrammed it to unlock when the engine is turned off. It's kind of useful for me because I often forget to unlock the door before trying to open the door which may damage the lock and cause it to lock up, at least that's what happened to my old Camry.

Unlocking is much simpler action than opening the door. it doesn't add much more safety. But I agree unlocking locks when shifting into P is a bad idea.

Reply to
ZR

Whenever we change the setting, the driver has to adjust as well. I mean, what I do is open the door and sit to start my engine so it warms up and close the door and go away. If the system locks when you start the engine, the engine will run with all the doors closed and nobody is inside. But that's just me.

So going back on the manual, it is the vehicles owners manual? or repair manuals??

Reply to
edv

The programming has to do with the lock switch and the dome light. Holding the lock for 10 sec, then unlock for up to 5 sec and the dome light blinks indicating it has changed mode. Something like that, mine is the same way and that is what I remember I did.

Reply to
jon