2001 Corolla Driver's Power Window

I was wondering if there were any fix short of replacing the motor and regulator if the window works intermittently. Window seems to stall on its way up after it has been opened. I heard somewhere it is normal for some cars to limit the amount of time the motor is running by cutting out after so many switch changes. Can anyone confirm what is normal for a corolla?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
mike

Most window motors use an internal bi-metal switch to stop the motor at the limits (they heat up from resistance due to stoppage and open the circuit). If you "help" the window up does it continue to cut out? It may be bound somewhere in the window track or a bad roller. Has the car been damaged before in the door/side the problem window is in?

Reply to
user

The window still stalls when helped up and there hasn't been any accidents with the car. There doesn't appear to be any binding and I just regreased the wheels and pivots of the regulator.

Thanks for replying, Mike

Reply to
mike

If the window goes up when you apply 12 volts directly to the motor, then the master switch may be bad. If the motor still binds when you apply 12 volts directly to the motor, disconnect it from the regulator and see if the motor still binds. If the motor spins freely, then the regulator is binding. If the motor still binds, it is bad.

Reply to
Ray O