2001 Sienna door panel removal - having trouble

I'm trying to remove the passenger front door panel to gain access for R&R of the door lock actuator. I see a nickel size cover at the top left that must cover a screw, and a visible screw behind the door handle. I removed the visible screw but don't know if the door handle bezel is supposed to come free of the upper door trim panel. I tried prying it from every direction and it won't budge. I've been unable to remove the screw cover with small screwdrivers--any more aggressive prying and I'm going to ruin it.

Can anyone describe the exact steps in pulling the panels off the door?

Thanks!

I already Googled the 'net and found zilch.

BTW, this is the first panel I've been unable to remove; I used to do automotive electrical work for 16 years, but got out of the field in

1988. You can't imagine how frustrating it is for me to work with the newer vehicles. I knew the older models like the back of my hand.

Dave

Reply to
David

The best Sienna answers I've received were at this forum: siennaclub.org

badgolferman

Dave

Reply to
David

There is a screw behind this cover. Use a very small screwdriver or awl or pick to remove the cover. It is just pressed on.

and a visible screw behind the door

If the screws are off then the panel is held in with clips.

Reply to
Ray O

I finally managed to get the cap off without damage, but the trim around the door handle hasn't budged and I'm afraid of breaking it, since a replacement would need to be painted to match the interior.

Reply to
David