2001 Sienna Power Window Motor Extraction?

Dear Sirs:

I am a novice at auto power window/glass/electronics, but a fast learner. My Dad's power window passenger side probably needs a new motor, but I can bench test it once I figure out exactly what the procedure is. How do I remove the power window's motor from the semi-exposed door-panel?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Petre Moss Ars longa, vita brevis

Reply to
Petre.Moss

I approach these things slower than you. Try to get a wiring diagram and find the color coded wires going from the switch to the motor and use these to test your motor, in place, if possible. This might save you a lot of time and effort which, otherwise, would be wasted.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

For $10/day, you can get access to the factory repair manual at techinfo.toyota.com, which shows how to test the master switch, wiring, and motor and how to remove them.

Reply to
Ray O

You can start with the free repair guide on Autozone.com

Look under "Body" -> "Interior" -> "Door Glass and Regulator". It's not difficult to do once you open one up. Just beware of sharp edges.

Reply to
johngdole

There is some sort of relay in my old camry that controls power, I pulled the motor , hooked it to a battery and blew it out, so it may not be the motor.

Reply to
ransley