2002 Corolla using massive oil

The problem is accelerating, where it's using about 1 qt of oil every time we drive it now, but is not burning it ( no smoke ) or dropping it in the driveway at all.

Reply to
Jane--Galt

Could it be leaking into your transmission or engine coolant? If our engine coolant is milky you have found your leak.

Reply to
GM homepc

I'd like to try replacing the PCV valve but cant even find the darn thing.

Autozone used to have diagrams of where everything is, but don't appear to anymore.

I removed the plastic cover on top and still don't see anything that looks like a PCV valve.

Reply to
Jane--Galt

There are only two possible places for the oil to go, it is leaking or it is burning. If leaking, you need repairs. If burning, you need repairs. You are not going to fix this yourself, no matter what advice we are able to give you, so bite the bullet and take your car somewhere where they know how to help you.

You could keep driving it until it locks up, but my advice is that you keep your Auto Club membership up to date, and don't go out at night.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Take off the plastic VVT-I shroud. On the passenger side is a valve screwed into the head with a hose clamped to it. This is PCV valve.

Reply to
C. E. White

I think I found it, it's actually on the drivers side.

Reply to
Jane--Galt