2002 RAV4 Internal Air Distribution Question

I have a 2002 RAV4 that has a potential internal air distribution problem. I noticed it only on the left (driver) side. Due to the cold weather here in the NE USA, I've had the heat on quite a bit. I've noticed that when the heat is on, it will blow hot air through all associated vents with the exception on the left side. This includes the upper side vent on the dash by the window and the vent under the dash for your feet. For these two vents, the air in the "fresh" position blows "cool" air. This is not the case on the right (passenger) side. There, the heat blows normally. Heated air from the middle dash vents are fine as well. When I switch the system to "recirculate" air, the cold vents warm up alittle.

What in the world could the problem be. Do I need to get behind the dash to see what's up and if so, that type of screw bit do I need to remove the dash. They look like torx but I'm not sure.

Thanks all in advance.

Fritter

Reply to
FritterFran

check for an obstruction in the ductwork. The screws that look like torx are torx.

Reply to
Ray O