2002 Toyota Corolla -- Right Front Axle

Hi all,

I was told the 'clamp' (CV clamp) on the passenger side front axle was 'leaking grease' even though the boot appears to be just fine. They told me I may be able to replace the clamp which is like $5.00. I also heard it may be better to just replace the axle. Well... that axle runs $560. Is that about right to you guys? I would prefer to go OEM but am wondering if it's that necessary. I've seen it much cheaper elsewhere... but, you get what you pay for sometimes.

This is a 2002 Toyota Corolla w/ 127,000 miles. Automatic. No ABS. Front wheel drive.

Thanks for insight.

Reply to
mrsteveo

The easiest and least expensive solution is to get an aftermarket clamp that allows replacement without having to remove the axle.

Reply to
Ray O