2003 Corola (Rear Speaker Replacement)

Hello

I want to install better speakers in my 2003 Corola LE. How difficult is it to replace those rear deck speakers?? Are they 6x9 speakers?? Or, some funny sized specialty speaker? Also, the head unit works fine and I didn't want to replace it....should I run an amp as well---or, is there enough power in the stock head unit to power some new speakers??

Thanks in advance....Regards, John

Reply to
SKCS, USN

Should be enough power in the head unit to power a decent speaker.

What I have done in my Toys is to 'hang' the speakers underneath the mounting holes. Find a decent speaker identical to or near in size to original, and then mount them inside the trunk and bolt them tight. you may have to drill a hole or two to run the screws through, but I haven't yet.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Suspect the Corola is like the Camry where you have to remove rear seat to get the package tray with speaker grills out. On the Camry they are 6x9 but a special speaker with 3 mounting points (in a triangle vice 4 on after market ones. I got speakers from Crutchfield and they were 6 or 6.5 round. They supply plastic filler plates and plug pigtail FREE when you buy from them --- along with detailed model specific instructions. I used 3 way Sony speakers and did the door ones at same time. Made a huge difference in sound quality. The original ones are made of paper and are really cheap.

Reply to
Wolfgang