2003 Corolla with AT--odd sound when letting up on gas pedal

My Corolla with 17,000 has started making a sort of soft, moaning sound (hold the jokes please) when I take my foot off the gas. At first I thought it was the pedal itself, but I noticed if I pop my foot off it quickly, the noise continues for about one second.

I first noticed it about a month ago, but it has started doing it more frequently lately. Car is still under warranty, but I don't know if this is anything to bother with taking it in over.

Reply to
That Guy

I have the same problem(?) with my 2003. It has 48,000 km (30,000 mi). It even happens when I am using cruise control. I am going in for service next week, so I will mention it to the service manager at that time. Jim

Reply to
Jim

Jim, mine does this too. Did you ever talk to the service manager about it?

Reply to
Ernie Sty

(Top-posting for consistency) Jim, did you ever find the cause of this? My Corolla now has 41,000 miles and is still doing this. Like yours, it even does it when the CC is on.

Reply to
Ernie Sty

Moaning sounds from under the hood are generally associates with power steering pumps and alternators.

Reply to
Ray O