2003 Sienna - where is the fuel filter?

Hello All,

I have a 2003 Sienna which has failed to start a couple of times now. When it fails, it turns over, but does not start. If I wait a half hour or so, it starts and runs fine. I'm thinking the fuel filter needs to be changed, but I can't find it on the vehicle. I have crawled all over underneath and looked under the hood, but I can't find it. I've asked a couple of parts houses where it could be located, but to no avail. The Internet has not been much help either. If anyone knows where the fuel filter can be found on this vehicle, the info would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Halbert

A clogged fuel filter is unlikely to keep the car from starting one time and then allowing it to start another.

When does the van fail to start? After it has been parked a short time? long time? overnight? Does ambient air temp have an effect? Engine temp?

How many miles are on the van?

Start with the basics - air, fuel, and spark at the proper times. It could be a coolant temp sensor, cold start fuel-enrichment, or ignition problem.

Reply to
Ray O